Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Norwegians are coming!

That was my first thought when I awoke this morning. I must admit I was a tad bit nervous... not to meet 9 Norwegians but to act as Maria's assistant. It had been 2 years since I'd baked with her and never for profit. No worries though, it went just fine and she'll let me help her again.  I'm an excellent dishwasher which is the main skill required when assisting in her Intro class. I even improvised when the hot water ran out by boiling water in the kettle. Come to find out the hot water switch was accidentally turned off. I blame it on a Norwegian. Lovely people though.

Only 7 Norwegians made it. 2 were sick thanks to the brilliant London weather which is cold and rainy. People are wearing winter coats. This Georgia Peach is missing the hot Spring she left!

Since Danish (Maria's native language) is very similar to Norwegian, she taught the class in that. That's right, I was the smiling American mute dishwasher who took pictures. I know you all are chuckling at the thought of me being silent for a solid 3 hours!  

The Norwegians couldn't stop laughing. I think that means they had a great time. Today's class was a team-building exercise. The group is in London on a strategy retreat for their bank. They'll each return to Norway with rolls and loafs of foccacia and soda bread, assuming they didn't eat them already.  

Who knew Norwegians bankers had such a sense of humor! A few photos of the happy baking bankers.








1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun, Wynne! I'm sure you were a great assistant. I love carbs...bread is right up my alley! -Betsy

    ReplyDelete